While you’re able to review some of our Frequently Asked Questions on our website (copied below), we’re positive that there are more out there! This is the time to ask them! Ask us anything related to our business, products, services, general questions, etc. We’re an “open gate”! (Pun intended.)
What is a Gate Opener?
- A gate Opener is an electronic device that, when activated, can open and close your driveway gate. Gate Openers can be activated in a number of ways, including codes, proximity cards, intercoms, timers, phone apps, bar-code scanners, pushbuttons, motion detection, and more.
Do you install and repair Mighty Mule gate openers?
- Mighty Mule gate openers are sold as DIY “Do-It-Yourself” kits intended to be installed by end users. We prefer to install gate opener equipment that has a minimum 3-year warranty, is field serviceable, and is rated for continuous daily use.
Can I buy a LiftMaster gate opener to install myself?
- LiftMaster, and many other gate openers, are to be installed by trained gate system technicians only. We have numerous Certified System Designers and Certified Installers on staff who are ready to inspect your site for a free recommendation.
How much does it cost to install an automatic gate opener?
- We have installed custom gate systems that range anywhere from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars. It is important to note, we only use the highest quality products, and all our gate systems are custom designed to meet your needs.
What is the best automatic gate opener?
- There are several high-quality gate openers available, and we find that it varies for each situation. The best automatic gate opener for you is specific to your site. There are a few brands that we think highly of, and a free site inspection by one of our Certified Automated Gate System Designers will enable us to make a recommendation.
Can any gate be converted to an electronic or automatic gate?
- For a gate to be automated, it must be structurally sound, move freely, and meet ASTM F-2200 standards for safety. Sometimes, gates can be converted, and other times they need to be replaced with a complete custom automatic gate system.
Do you install solar powered electric gates?
- Yes. Solar powered automatic gates are common and very reliable. Solar powered gate systems are especially popular because there is a federal solar tax credit. Also known as the investment tax credit (ITC), this credit allows you to deduct 30% of the cost of installing a solar energy system from your federal taxes.