Check out the New Advancements in
Gate Protection Technology!
The most cautious homeowners possess a Driveway Security Camera that shows you a view from the front door or into the backyard with the ability to ensure the well-being of their home, property, and family. However, with the many advancements in technology along with the lower cost of cameras and hardware, today’s driveway security cameras utilize a variety of abilities, for instance:
- To handle harsh weather, hot or cold, rain or shine;
☑️ Long-Range Night Vision
- Lenses with the ability to capture close-up images to record license plates;
☑️ License Plate Recognition
- Available on higher-end cameras;
☑️ Recording Events
- Not only in real-time but motion-activated;
☑️ Notifications & Recordings
- Sent to your email, phone, or other mobile devices;
☑️ Tripwire, or Trigger, System
- Enabling you to set a specific point or size of an object to start recording;
☑️ No Server Required
And so much more!
Quality Gates And Openers offers all the latest video technology to protect you, your home and your business. Learn more at www.qualitygatesandopeners.com or Call Us Today at 850-271-3617 for more information on Driveway Security Camera Installation, Upgrade, and Maintenance.
With the holidays just around the corner, it’s that time of year to pull those beautiful decorations out of the attic and hang them around your property, even on your automated gate and fencing. Occasionally, this can cause a few issues, but knowing these do’s and don’t’s will help you have a less stressful time decorating during the holiday season:
Don’t block your photo-eye.
- For all automated gates up to code and in compliance with the UL-325 code, your gate will have what is called a “photo eye”. It’s a device that allows the gate to stay open when the photo eye sensor is activated. And, if the photo eye is obstructed by a wreath or lights on your gate, it will cause the gate to “see” an obstacle and stay open until the issue is rectified.
Do check/replace batteries.
- Regardless of whether your gate is AC powered, we always suggest checking the automated gate opener’s battery. Even if it’s brand new, it’s not unheard of to be a battery failure. Consider purchasing a voltmeter from your local hardware store or give us a call Quality Gates And Openers for a courtesy inspection.
Don’t leave your lights on.
- While neighbors and passersby truly enjoy the festivity of Christmas lights, keep in mind that your power bill may be temporarily raised during the holiday season. Consider putting the lights on a timer to lessen the burden on your pocketbook.
Do clear debris/vegetation.
- Check in and around your automated gate system for debris and vegetation that may inadvertently hinder the use of your gate. Many times during this time of year, you’ll want to keep an eye out for falling leaves. As it gets colder, freezing rain and snow can also cause obstructions. You may consider using Rain-X on your photo eye for weather-related issues.
And as always, if you have questions or concerns during this holiday season, contact Quality Gates And Openers immediately!
Quality Gates And Openers is proud to have two members of our amazing team, Michael Johnson and Bryce Hall, representing us at the American Fence Association’s Gate Automation Technician School this week in Arlington, Texas, continuing their education in preparation for the Gate Automation Technician Certification Examination administered by the Accreditation & Certification Institute. Recognized as the premier school for training safe and professional automated gate technicians, our installers are learning everything from the initial automated gate design to its final installation along with associated hazards, safety standards, and many other critical key points. At the conclusion of their classes, they’ll have the opportunity to complete the examination.
We wish them both well in their studies and know that we’re behind you all the way! 🎓
*Please note: some images are shared from the AFA Facebook page; others by our staff on-site.